Chapter 20 in our textbook introduces us to the social contract. For this discussion board please review the entry from Jean Jacques Rousseau (page 1046) and select one of the questions below to address in your initial thread:
1. Can people be motivated to act for the common good and not simply pursue their
own good? What happens when some members put their own good above the
2. How are we supposed to figure out what the common good requires, especially when
interests conflict? If a minimum wage law is in the interest of workers and not in the
interest of employers, what is the common good?
3. Suppose people disagree about what the common good requires: how do they resolve
Questions from: page 1055 – Alex Byrne, Joshua Cohen, Gideon Rosen, and Seana Shiffrin, eds., The Norton Introduction to Philosophy, New York: Norton (2014).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25