Answer all questions/criteria with explanations and detail
Case study attached
NR 546 Week 3 Case Study
Patient’s Chief Complaints:
“ I am hearing voices ”
History of Present Illness
MM states she believes her boyfriend is cheating on her, which her boyfriend denies. She states she can hear two women talking about her boyfriend and her, how they have sex with her boyfriend and how KB isn’t good enough for him. This has been occurring for a few weeks now and the voices mock her daily. Her boyfriend has been caught cheating in the past and she is now wondering if the women she hears talking about her boyfriend are real or not. She has not asked anyone else if they can hear the women talking because what they have to say is so negative. She hears these women talking mostly at home with her boyfriend, especially at night, but sometimes she hears them when she is out too, especially when she is out in public with her boyfriend.
Past psychiatric history: None
Past Medical History: Occasional headaches, treated with OTC pain relievers.
· Father is alive, has hypertension.
· Mother is alive, has history of depression
· One brother, healthy
· one son age 4, alive and well
· Lives with fiancé and their 4-year-old son
· does not have any friends
· unemployed since her son was born
· High school graduate
· Drinks socially, 1-2 times a week
· Several gasses of coke or sweet tea during the day
· vapes CBD occasionally, 1-2 times a week.
· no formal exercise
· no hobbies
Review of Systems
· occasional headache, relieved with acetaminophen
· appetite poor, weight stable
· sleeps 4-5 hours at night
Physical Examination: General
Alert, appropriately dressed Caucasian female in no apparent distress. She appears older than her stated age.
Vital Signs: BP-120/80, T-98.6F, P-88, RR-20, SpO2: 98%
Wt 110 lbs, Ht 5’6”
Mental status exam:
•Cranial nerves II-VIII intact
•Denies headache and dizziness
Appearance: appropriate dress for age and situation, well nourished, eye contact poor, No apparent distress
Alertness and Orientation: fully oriented to person‚ place‚ time‚ and situation, Alert
Speech: soft, flat
Affect: constricted, congruent
Thought Process: logical‚ linear
Thought content: No thoughts of suicide‚ self-harm‚ or passive death wish
Perceptions: No evidence of psychosis, no response to internal stimuli noted during interview, reports auditory hallucinations.
Memory: Recent and remote WNL
Judgement/Insight: Insight is fair, Judgement is poor
Attention and observed intellectual functioning: Attention intact for purpose of assessment.
Fund of knowledge: Good general fund of knowledge and vocabulary
Musculoskeletal: normal gait and station
Diagnosis: F20.9 Schizophrenia, unspecified
Psychopharmacology Questions: see the discussion guidelines rubric
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25