The importance of assessment in the development of a treatment plan cannot be overestimated. The need for assessment must be conducted at the beginning of treatment in order to have data with which to gauge patient progress during treatment or upon its completion.
For this assignment, students will refer to Ch. 2 in the e-textbook. Use well-organized paragraphs and in your own words explain the assessment process. You will submit in a composition format, double-spaced, using a minimum of 3 pages. You are free to use materials from the chapter and other external sources to support your response. This assignment must be submitted in an APA format. Include a reference page.
1) Explain the process of assessment and include three or more of the basic questions used to gather information from the client.
2) Discuss the key objectives and goals for the clinical interview; include structured, unstructured, and semi-structured interview protocols. Which clinical interview uses the Diagnostic and Statical Manual for the patient?
3) Review the Guidelines for Multicultural Clinical Interview. Discuss at least three guidelines that would be best suitable when assessing clients who migrate from another country and are not familiar with American culture.
How would you use this opportunity to exercise cultural competence?
Watch the video attached entitled, "Beating Opioid Addiction: Joy's Story". You have been assigned to Joy's as her Substance Abuse Counselor. She has been referred to you due to her struggle with unemployment as a result of the pandemic. The stress and anxiety of the horrific events surrounding COVID-19 and losing her best friend to the virus has caused her to a relapse.
Use the Rapid Reference 2.2 outline for a Recommended Semi-structured Clinical Interview and prepare a treatment assessment plan for Joy. Complete all areas of the assessment, even if your response is "N/A". Your response to Part II should be formatted as an actual assessment plan.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25